We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Assistant Director to join our team at SETC Southeastern Theatre Conference. The Assistant Director will play a crucial role in assisting with the coordination of various events, managing staff, overseeing project management, and supporting the executive director in achieving the organization’s strategic objectives. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills, strong project management abilities, and a passion for the performing arts.
1. Assist in the Coordination of Events and Industry Conferences:
– Assist in planning and executing gala events, including the Teachers Institute, the State’s Luncheon, the National Conference on Outdoor Theater, and the Theater Symposium.
– Collaborate with the event team to ensure smooth logistics, including venue selection, catering, scheduling, and attendee management.
2. Keynote Speaker Selection and Recruitment:
– Assist in identifying and recruiting keynote speakers for the annual convention.
– Coordinate travel arrangements and ensure their seamless attendance at the event.
3. Employee Training and Onboarding:
– Evaluate, train, and onboard employees on project management techniques and best practices.
– Foster a supportive and efficient work environment by providing guidance and resources to staff members.
4. Staff Management:
– Assist with the management and training of staff, ensuring they have the necessary resources and support to perform their roles effectively.
– Foster a positive and collaborative working environment that promotes professional growth and development.
5. Communication and Outreach:
– Generate a weekly eblast to communicate information about services and support available from the central office.
– Collaborate with the marketing team to ensure effective dissemination of information to conference attendees, memberships, and stakeholders.
6. Budget Management:
– Support the convention maanger in managing the conference budget.
– Assist in monitoring expenses, tracking financial records, and providing regular reports on budgetary status.
7. Podcast Production:
– Assist with the production a monthly podcast by coordinating talent scheduling, overseeing production, editing, and distribution.
– Ensure high-quality content and timely delivery to engage the conference’s target audience.
8. Strategic Program Development:
– Collaborate with the executive director and stakeholders to create programs and opportunities that align with the organization’s strategic plan.
– Identify new initiatives and partnerships to enhance the conference experience and support the growth of the performing arts community.
9. Donor and Member Relations:
-Cultivating and maintaining donor and member relationships
-Developing stewardship strategies
-Managing databases and records.
10. Additional duties as assigned
– Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Theatre, Arts Administration, Event Management, etc.) or equivalent experience.
– Proven experience in event coordination and management, preferably in the performing arts industry.
– Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with exceptional attention to detail.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
– Proficient in project management techniques and software.
– Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
– Budget management experience is a plus.
– Familiarity with podcast production and editing tools is desirable.
– Passion for the performing arts and a commitment to supporting the growth of the industry.
If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for the performing arts and event management, we encourage you to apply for the Assistant Director position at SETC Southeastern Theatre Conference. Join our team and contribute to the success of one of the most prominent theatre conferences in the United States.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com